CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Garden




After last year's $200 garden that fed the rabbits and not the family (with what little, and I mean very little, it produced), we decided to try it again. It survived the sub-freezing temperatures over spring break (yes, it was about 40 for a day in ORlando with 35mph winds....) thanks to our awesome cat/house/garden sitters, John and Lindy. I'm posting the early garden picture tonight-- tomorrow I will take one and you can see how the garden has grown!! We do have Thumper (the big brown rabbit) and Junior (the baby brown rabbit) that really keep eyeballing this mecca, but so far they have not gotten through the fence. I also want to add that we have 2 tomatoes with NO bottom rot and squash that is going crazy! Carrots, beans, pole beans, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, watermelon, and strawberries have all popped up! We are very cautiously optimistic..... Sorry these are 2 similar pictures, but I couldn't figure out how to delete one of them... so just deal with it....

No comments:

Post a Comment