
Grayson got to go with John and our friend, Richard, to Ft. Benning for a day of playing "army" with the real stuff. He was the only kid there for this day that was for employers of army reservists who have been called to active duty. John was invited to go and managed to get a pass for Grayson, too. He got to do lots of things: eat in a real mess hall with a real soldier who just started bootcamp, drive a Bradley (straight into a ditch....) simulator (I think it was a $14 million dollar virtual reality training tool....), and shoot, yes I said shoot, a real machine gun. John got to do this stuff, too, but Grayson is in the pictures : ) Talk about a boy who was like a pig in mud for a whole day (and he got to skip school, too!) The only thing he didn't get to do was ride in the Blackhawk from Dobbins down to the base- John was rather bummed about that, but I was rather relieved!
No comments:
Post a Comment